Assisi & Cortona Small Group Tour from Florence
Tour through the rolling green hills of Tuscany and Umbria to discover the architectonic and artistic jewels of Assisi and Cortona.
Assisi, world-renowned as the home of Saint Francis, crowns the spur of a hill overlooking a picturesque valley. Let your guide lead you through the narrow, winding streets of this medieval town and learn about its charming history. Inside the Basilica of San Francesco d’Assisi, you will admire Giotto’s frescos of The life of San Francesco and discover why it is a fundamental pilgrimage site. Next, you will visit the Basilica of Santa Chiara - dedicated to Saint Clare of Assisi, a follower of Saint Francis. Then you will have free time to stroll around and breathe in the atmosphere of peace characterizing this mystical city.
The tour continues with a visit to Santa Maria degli Angeli Church, the birthplace of the Franciscan Order. Enjoy a short stop for pictures in Passignano Sul Trasimeno before crossing the border back into Tuscany to reach Cortona, the last stage of this special day. This beautiful small town built by the Etruscans is famous for its architectural wonders and amazing views over the surrounding landscape. Cortona is also known internationally for the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun." This is your chance to play the part and feel like you’re in a real film set!
Rates - including tax
Child - Free
(Ages 3 and Under, on Adult Lap):
Tour / Activity Details
8:00 am on Monday & Thursday (April through October)
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Tour does not include hotel pick-up; you will meet the tour at a convenient central location in Florence, to be specified on your E-Ticket. Rates are in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
COVID-19 Protocols Updates
All tours comply with the Italian Government's directives for the containment regarding the spread of Covid-19.
- Showing your E-Ticket on your mobile phone will be sufficient; it is not necessary to print it out
- People with respiratory pains or difficulties and a fever of over 37.5 Celsius (99.5 Fahrenheit) should stay at home and contact their doctor
- People who are ordered to quarantine at home by authorities must follow the rules and do so
- The use of masks is mandatory in all public indoor spaces; you must bring your own masks
- People must allow one meter distance between individuals. Police will enforce this rule
- Maintain frequent hand washing and other personal and public hygiene standards
- Follow simple preventative measures to respect the health and safety of other citizens
- At churches, museums and monuments, temperatures will be taken at the entrance to check for fever
- Hand sanitizer will be available inside and outside of establishments
- Travel from Florence straight to the blooming heart of Tuscany and Umbria, discovering the mystic hill-top city of Assisi and, last but not least, Cortona, the Etruscan gem situated in the heart of Tuscan hills
- The majestic Basilica di San Francesco and the incredible Giotto's frescoes
- Get lost in Cortona, the tiny Etruscan village characterized by narrow streets and surrounded by amazing landscapes!
- Journey by fully fitted luxury GT Coach
- Expert multilingual escort
- Guided tour of Assisi with professional guide
- Entrance to the Church of San Franscesco
- Entrance to the Church of Santa Chiara
- Entrance to the Church of Santa Maria degli Angeli
- Tour of Cortona
- Short Photo Stop at Passignano Sul Trasimeno
- Food or beverages
- Hotel pick-up
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- The order of the visits is subject to change.
- Entrance into churches requires a strict dress code. Guides and their sales agents cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress. All persons, male and female, need to make sure your shoulders and knees are covered.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Tour does not include hotel pick-up; you will meet the tour at a convenient central location in Florence, to be specified on your E-Ticket. Rates are in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.