Montserrat Monastery & Hiking Experience from Barcelona
This tour experience starts in the upper part of Passeig de Gracia, before journeying to experience the natural splendor of Montserrat, Catalonia's most emblematic mountain. Topped by a Benedictine Monastery, Montserrat is an ideal half-day trip to enjoy nature just a few kilometers away from Barcelona. On the way to the Monastery, admire the Massif of Montserrat, a spectacular multi-peaked rocky range packed with unique needle-shape formations. Visit the Monastery, which was founded in the 10th century and still functions to this day, with over 70 monks. It is also well-known for hosting the figure of La Moreneta (visit not guaranteed), who is the patron saint of Catalonia. Your guide will bring history alive by explaining the history and ventures of this Monastery dating back nearly a thousand years.
Board the Sant Joan Railway to observe the area's fascinating flora and fauna following a trail (soft hiking) with a specialized guide in Montserrat Natural Park.
Please Note: This tour requires a minimum of 2 persons to operate. If the minimum number of persons is not met for the date and time of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives.
Rates - including tax
Child - Free
(Ages 3 and Under):
Tour / Activity Details
Check-in no later than 8:15 am.
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Minimum 2 persons required to operate. Hotel pick-up not included; the meeting location will be specified on your E-Ticket. Rates are per-person in U.S. Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
This tour requires a minimum of 2 persons to operate. If the minimum number of persons is not met for the date and time of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives.
COVID-19 Protocols Updates
- Busy areas are frequently disinfected
- Guides must wash their hands frequently
- Sanitizing hand gel available for guests and staff
- Transport vehicles and other equipment are disinfected regularly
- Social distancing will be implemented during the tour
- Staff temperature is checked frequently
- The use of face masks in public areas is mandatory in accordance with Spanish government regulations
- Contactless payment of tips is available
- Staff showing symptoms will be required to stay at home
- Private transfer to Montserrat in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Bilingual professional mountain guide (English & Spanish)
- Guided visit to the Magic Mountain & the Montserrat Abbey
- One-hour hike in the Natural Park
- Tickets for Sant Joan's Railway
- Premium small group tour with maximum of 18 people
- Hotel pick-up
- Food or beverages
- Optional guide gratuities
- Viewing of La Moreneta is not guaranteed. It is subject to availability as, depending on the season, there may be up to 2 hours wait time.
- Wear comfortable clothing and walking/hiking shoes.
- This tour is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather.
- Guided tours may be affected by special circumstances beyond the control of the guides.
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Hotel pick-up not included; the meeting location will be specified on your E-Ticket. Rates are per-person in U.S. Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.