Canterbury & Dover Tour from London
Spend a day visiting two of the most beautiful and historical locations in England: Canterbury & Dover.
The city of Canterbury has a rich history, inhabited since Paleolithic times. It was a Roman settlement from the 1st century and parts of a later Roman wall can still be seen in the town. The World Heritage Site of Canterbury Cathedral is the seat of the Archbishop of Canterbury, leader of the Church of England - and is the site of the murder of Thomas Becket, now revered as a saint & martyr. Entrance to the cathedral is included in the tour and you will also have free time to explore the city further.
This tour also visits Dover Castle, nicknamed the "Key to England" due to its strategic location for defending England against invasions from mainland Europe. The White Cliffs of Dover are an English icon & are on many travelers' bucket lists. Immediately recognizable by their striking white appearance, see the view that has inspired songs & plays through the ages.
Rates - including tax
Child - Free
(Ages 4 and Under):
Tour / Activity Details
Also at 9:00 am on Wednesday (Mid April through October)
Please Note: Tour departure time is approximate; specific pick-up times at five selected locations occur prior to the tour departure time and will need to be pre-arranged by phone or email (details on your E-Ticket).
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Tour requires a minimum 6 persons required to operate; if the minimum number of persons is not met for the date and time of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives. No hotel pickup is available for this tour; there are five meeting locations and you will need to contact the guides at least 48 hours before your tour date to select one of them as your meeting location (details on your E-Ticket). Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
This tour requires a minimum total of 6 persons booked for a specific tour date to be guaranteed to operate. If the minimum number of persons is not met for the date of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives.
- 7:30 am-9:00 am - London Pick-ups at five locations easy to reach by public transport (see list below). When your tour is confirmed, you will need to contact the guides to arrange your boarding location choice from the available options.
- 9:00 am-9:15 am - Depart London - The tour usually heads first to Kent for the first stop of the day: Canterbury. (Sometimes this tour runs in reverse due to opening times at the cathedral or weather conditions).
- 10:30 am - Arrive in Canterbury - Your tour guide will walk you through the city of Canterbury and into Canterbury Cathedral, where entrance is included. You will have free time to explore the cathedral & city and purchase lunch.
- 1:30 pm - Depart Canterbury for Dover.
- 2:00 pm - Arrive at Dover Castle, the largest castle in England and one of its most significant as a fortress of defense throughout history. There is much to see and do here, so you will have two and a half hours for exploration.
- 4:30 pm - Depart Dover Castle and drive a short distance to a viewing point for the White Cliffs of Dover.
- 4:45 pm - Arrive at the White Cliffs of Dover - Your tour guide will walk you the short distance from the coach drop-off point to a good location from which to view and photograph the majestic White Cliffs.
- 5:30 pm - Depart Dover - Wave goodbye to the White Cliffs as the tour makes its way back to London.
- 7:00 pm-7:30 pm - Drop-off in London - This tour only drops off near London Bridge Station. Kindly note that the drop-off time may vary depending on the traffic.
Pick-Up Locations & Times
- Earls Court - 7:30 am
- South Kensington - 7:40 am
- Victoria - 8:05 am
- Kings Cross - 8:35 am
- London Bridge - 9:00 am
- Round-trip transportation in a deluxe motorcoach or minibus
- Accompanying tour guide
- Entrance to Canterbury Cathedral
- Entrance to Dover Castle
- Photo stop at White Cliffs of Dover
- Meals, beverages & snacks (free time to purchase lunch but lunch is not included in the tour price)
- Optional shopping or other personal expenses
What to Bring
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Monitor the weather for Kent (Canterbury & Dover) for the day of your tour and dress appropriately.
- You may bring snacks and bottled water for the trip.
- Bring money for lunch, additional snacks or souvenirs.
- Don't forget your camera!
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. No hotel pickup is available for this tour; there are five meeting locations and you will need to contact the guides at least 48 hours before your tour date to select one of them as your meeting location (details on your E-Ticket). Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.